What Vertical Life Church is About Core Values
We at Vertical Life Church exist for one purpose; to create a church that engages people where they are and leads them to becoming fully-developed followers of Jesus Christ.
We are not caught up in denominations or traditions that would dictate how we worship, but are eager to live out six core values.
1. Wholehearted Worship– In the words of the Apostle Paul, “To live is Christ…” We believe the mark of a true Christian is that we hold nothing back to give God glory with all that we are: time, skills, passion and finances.
2. Unyielding Truth– Truth comes from God. We believe that God communicated truth to us through His inspired Word: the Bible. We don’t try to make the Bible say what we want it to say so we can continue to live how we want. We seek the Scriptures to see what it says and conform to its standard with no apologies.
3. Unceasing Prayer– We believe prayer is the conduit to God’s presence and power. We believe when God’s people pray bold faith-filled prayers, God hears and works miracles on our behalf. We encourage our people to be in constant prayer for one another, our community, our country, and our world.
4. Unrelenting Witness– We believe that one of the main purposes for a Christian is to be a witness of the transforming power of Jesus Christ We are a witness to this power when we exhibit a transformed life and recognize the influence of the Holy Spirit in our lives. This overflows into a desire to tell others about what Jesus has done for us all. We call this living on mission. This mission will not end until Jesus returns; therefore, each of us, individually, should not cease being a Gospel witness to those God has placed in our sphere of influence.
5. Intentional Community– We believe the church is not a building but a people who live life together for a common purpose. The church was designed to help strengthen and encourage one another as each of us take our own journey of faith. As a local faith community, we believe we exist to learn God’s word together, worship God’s Son together, and serve our communities together. We do this by intentionally getting together weekly for worship, small groups, and service opportunities.
6. Crazy Generosity– We believe that being generous is the way God communicated His love towards us. He was generous by loving us in spite of all our rebellion towards Him. He is generous in how He blesses us in ways we don’t deserve. He also patterned this type of generosity through the life of Jesus. We know that generosity opens the door to important people, so we are leveraging our wealth to help meet the needs of those in our church and our community. We do this in order to introduce as many people to Jesus as we can. Because Jesus is the hope of the world!